Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Welcome!

Welcome to the Duck Soup DIY blog. . . after many attempts at working a daily craft blog I am hoping and praying I have finally found my medium. First you should know about Duck Soup
Duck Soup began as a crafters cooperative. An idea for many of us to work together to help promote our crafts. Most of us were just starting out, becoming new stay at home moms or just wanting a crafty hobby to enjoy outside of our full time jobs. We have had around a dozen crafters who have participated in craft shows and events with us over the past couple of years and we have had a wonderful time doing it.
Last year the core group decided that it was time to move forward. Many of our items were beginning to be carried in local boutiques and it was time to raise the bar. In November we were able to have our first official trunk show hosted by a dear friend, customer and supporter of Duck Soup. To April: we cannot thank you enough for everything you have done for us.
However, I am constantly asked. . . "how do you do that?" or "are children's clothing all you make?" . . . and I would love to share all of these things. Be prepared, I was never a journalism major (theatre and marketing actually) so my english may not always be proper and I might forget to hit the spell-check button from time to time. But I am resolving that I will post at minimum every-other for our new Duck Soup DIY blog to give tons of ideas on sewing tips, crafty ideas for the house, craft ideas for your kids, decorating ideas (probably just link those from pinterest :) ) and any other crafty messes I can get myself into.
I would also love to highlight guest writers so if you have ideas and would like to share, please feel free to contact me! I look forward to crafting, learning and growing with you throughout 2012. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment